Wednesday, March 11

Ignorance is bliss for some... agonizing for others

You know what really drives me crazy? People who have crazy strong opinions about things with no knowledge base to support them. Drives me BANANAS!!! Now please don't misunderstand. I think that knowing a wide range of people having a wide range of opinions is crucial to developing a sense of oneself. And we can't expect everyone to have the same feelings about everything all the time! That's insane :) It's totally okay to have different points of view.... I just want you to know why you're coming from where you're coming from.

Did you vote republican or democrat?.... Great! Now can you tell me why?

Do you spank your kids? Interesting.... how does it work for you?

Is breastfeeding yucky? You think so... okay! What makes you feel that way?

And the answer to any one of these questions better not start out with "Well my friend/sis/mother's uncle said that...". I just want everyone to use their own mind to form sound, solid views. Don't just spread a bunch of misinformation (i.e. gossip!!!) around. Make sure you have your facts straight first. And that in itself can be hard. With the dot-com world out there, Joe Nobody is free to say whatever he wants without a shred of evidence to back it up. I mean, did you know that 78% of statistics are made up on the spot?!? (I'll leave some space in here so you can think about that one ............... ............... ............... ...............) Blogging is NOT news (major bummer for me! LOL!). Private "foundation" type sites with skewed views can be unreliable, you might only be getting half the story. Studies funded by a company with vested interests in the outcome may be sketchy at best. Make sure your source is legit.

Anywho, now that I've said my two cents, who are YOU gonna tell?!??! :)

No comments: